“We need politicians to care more about doing something and less about being something,” said Christie. “Tonight, we choose respect over love.” Source.
In a very rare moment in my life, I actually agree with a Republican…..choose respect over love. And when I walk into the voting booth in November that is exactly what I will do….I will choose respect over “love.”
You see, I don’t give a damn if Ann Romney loves women, or if Paul Ryan, Mitt Romney, Chris Christie love women. What I do care about is that a politician or political party show RESPECT to women.
R-E-S-P-E-C-T – Find out what it means to me
If Christie thinks respect is more important than love, maybe he could share with us just where the respect for women is in the Republican Party.
- Republicans don’t think women know when they are raped, that they in fact need a doctor to tell them if it was a “legitimate rape” or “marital relations.”
- Republicans don’t think women have the ability to make health care choices for themselves when it comes to birth control.
- Republicans don’t think women are intelligent enough or trustworthy enough to decide for themselves whether or not to carry a pregnancy to term.
- Republicans don’t think women are smart enough to understand what an abortion is without being forced to witness a sonogram.
- Republicans don’t think women deserve equal pay for equal work.
WHERE’S THE DAMN RESPECT FROM THE REPUBLICAN PARTY FOR WOMEN?
The Democratic National Convention stands in stark contrast to the Republican National Convention when it comes to women and women’s rights.
- Democrats believe in a woman’s right to choose birth control.
- Democrats believe in a woman’s right to choice concerning abortion.
- Democrats believe women know what rape is and have enough intelligence to know when they’ve been raped.
- Democrats believe women know what an abortion is without having unnecessary procedures performed to “inform them.”
- Democrats believe being a woman is NOT a pre-existing condition for health care.
- Democrats believe women deserve equal pay for equal work.
So, just who has chosen respect over love? It’s certainly not the Republicans. And have no doubt, Republicans don’t love women – they love controlling women and in that there is NO respect. And unlike the great Aretha Franklin, I don’t want a little respect, a want a lot of respect.
Yes, I choose respect over love and I will vote for the party that shows women respect. I will vote for a President whose first signing of a bill was that of the Lilly Ledbetter Act……that’s respect.