Bob McDonnell Drops F-Bomb On Radio (AUDIO)

The Republican family values Virginia gubernatorial candidate, ( who holds a degree from Regent University), Bob McDonnell, drops the f word on a radio show.

Let me just say that the word itself doesn’t particularly offend me, the hypocrisy does and I’m not sure it’s going to play well with the gray haired Baptists in Virginia.  I remember our last Republican governor and you couldn’t pay me to vote for McDonnell, so it doesn’t really change my mind about him….it justs confirms that he isn’t quite as goody two-shoes as his ads would have us believe.

CNN Political Ticker reports that GOP gubernatorial candidate Bob McDonnell of Virginia blurted out the “F-Bomb” during a live radio interview.

[Radio host Mark] Plotkin asked if McDonnell would consider an increase in the state gasoline tax to help fund the transportation budget. McDonnell said no, and uttered the expletive during his response.

“So no tax will be raised during your four-year term?,” Plotkin asked.

McDonnell answered: “I’m going to find other ways to be able to fund transportation. I’ve outlined 12 f—g funding mechanisms that are creative, that are entrepreneurial.”

WARNING:  THE FOLLOWING AUDIO CONTAINS PROFANITY

Virginia blog Not Larry Sabato posted audio — listen below:

SOURCE

UPDATE:

For those who wonder if the tape has been doctored, well, evidently not since his communications director does not deny he said the “f” word.

McDonnell communications director Tucker Martin said McDonnell’s remark was nothing more than a verbal flub.

“At one point Bob was speaking quickly, and in trying to say ‘funding mechanism,’ he stumbled and accidentally said another word,” Martin said. “It was unintentional, and anyone who spends any time around Bob knows he does not use such language. It was an accident. It is that simple.” SOURCE

Yep, I confuse the word f***ing with funding all the time. That must be why my sex life is great and my bank account so bad. ;-) Come on, now, that word just doesn’t slip out if you aren’t in the habit of using it.

FacebookTwitterStumbleUponDiggPinterest

28 Responses to Bob McDonnell Drops F-Bomb On Radio (AUDIO)

1. Ben says:

Where did you get this? You need to quote your source. Where is the respect?

I got it from Huffington Post and posted a link to that article. I didn’t see the Virginia blog Not Larry Sabato posted audio — listen below….and I rectified that. If you read my blog you would know I always post a link to the source as I did in this case. I have rectified my regrettable omission of giving Larry Sabato his kudos.

I certainly was not intentionally disrespectful. And people rip off my screen shots all the time so I know how it feels.

You could have just emailed me quite easily and pointed out my omission instead of the accusations.

Ben Reply:

Good! Thanks for the credit, chum.

Why is notlarrysabato saying he isn’t you but you both use the same email address and why is your and sense’s ISP the same? I find it all rather confusing.

2. sense says:

Geez, Ben. Settle down. You’re not the end-all, be-all of political analysis, you know? Keep on “reporting” on the really important stuff, like Olbermann’s show last night. Oh, and how much money did you get for that endorsement for McAuliffe? You are a selfish hack. Get outside and go for a walk, it would do you some good.

I don’t mind having my mistake pointed out to me but it was an honest one, but the comment at the other blog that I suck and the one here that I have no respect were, IMO, over the top. I linked to my source which was Huffington Post. I have now included the kudos to Not Larry Sabato.

As I said, I have my screen shots ripped off on a regular basis and I leave a comment politely asking for attribution or I email the blogger asking for same.

And just who is Ben? :-)

3. Not Larry Sabato says:

My name is Ben- but that wasn’t me in the first comment.

And don’t worry about it. I don’t really care who gets the credit.

You should have attribution and would have had I picked up on the attribution at Huffington Post and you do now that I have fixed it.

But thanks for posting and thanks for the audio. I find it quite humorous.

4. Ben says:

You don’t know who I am?

No, why should I?

5. Ben says:

BECAUSE I CREATE THE NEWS IN THE COMMONWEALTH OF VIRGINIA!!!

2fewfactsaround Reply:

I live in Virginia and I have no idea who you are. I know who Larry Sabato is, though.

Now, can we get back to the fact that McDonnell showed himself to be the hypocrite many of us suspected he was. I am so tired of these faith-and-values, holier-than-thou politicians that Virginia and too many other states keep trotting out.

Yep, McDonnell’s profanity seems to have been lost in the dust….Ben’s dust.

LOL Sure you do.

I thought Beck had that job.

6. Brannon says:

You don’t know who Ben Tribbett is? You’ve got to be kidding me!

In case you don’t, here is his picture!

LOL Good one.

7. Ben says:

Yeah, and Larry Sabato can eat my dust!

8. Ric says:

Ben,

I know Larry Sabato. I went to school with Larry Sabato. Larry Sabato is a good friend of mine. Ben, you are no Larry Sabato.

Waiting for Sybil to show up,

Yeah, me, too. I guess they were bored tonight and had nothing better to do than write comments to their other selves. The main purpose probably being to question the recording.

10. sense says:

Well question it then! Let’s take this hack for his word???… ok. zoinks! God forbid we question our sources!!!

I guess his communications director answers that question:

LOL, sure.

PS
    You never did answer the question as to why all of the name changes.

11. timesr says:

Identity crisis?

I guess or just bored.

12. Aguillera says:

Identity crisis?…

13. Sage says:

Why do you, Brannon and Ric have the same ISP? Why the name changes?

14. Sage says:

Yep, just as I thought. Hope you had fun playing.